A Series of Engaging, Interactive Life Preparedness Sessions
A Different Kind of Selfie
• Myers-Briggs Type Indicator
• Holland Interest Inventory
EQ & LIFELONG LEARNING:
Smarts: How Do I Get More or Leverage What I Have?
• Multiple intelligences
• Emotional intelligence
• Lifelong learning
THE LOST ART OF CONVERSATION
• Put your phone down for just a little while! How to have meaningful face-to-face conversations
• Situational judgement
• Real-life workplace scenarios powered by ETS data
• All about financial literacy
• Navigate the costs of college. How far will that paycheck go? 401K, IRA, HSA, dental, vision, and how long you can really stay on your parents’ health insurance
HEALTH & NUTRITION:
Q: “How’d you sleep?”
A: “Great – I got a full 40 minutes.”
• All about work/life balance
• Health, sleep, stress, nutrition, attendance, punctuality, the night shift, and your social life.
• Professionals round table
You Only Get One Shot
• Resume editing workshop
Students must bring resume drafts to session.
“Am I ready for this interview?” FALSE. The correct question is: “Is this interview ready for me?”
• Interview tips
• What NOT to wear
• Social media sabatoge
• Interview with
an ETS recruiter
Students must schedule their own interviews online and upload a copy of their completed resume.
Talking to People While Eating Food
• Networking with community members and organizations
• The modern “Elevator Pitch”
• Community involvement
• Professionals Panel
“The Ready4Real program has already had a positive impact on my health students. They look forward to ETS visiting and have already learned how to be better communicators while collaborating on group projects. This program will help each student become a healthier and more productive member of society.”
“Each Ready4Real program module includes exercises designed to help students prepare for success in work and in life. Young people participating in these sessions will benefit from the practical knowledge they gain for years to come.”
“As the proud connection between education and workforce, school and career, classroom and workplace, we recognize the need for this kind of programming throughout the North Country. We are thrilled to support this education initiative in an effort to align employers’ goals and students’ skills, ultimately strengthening our workforce and its future.”
Interested in learning more about READY4REAL and how you can bring it to your classroom?
Fill out the form above, call us at 518.562.4673, or live chat us now!