Eligibility Requirements for Federal Cares Act COVID-19 Paid Time Off
If you are absent from work due to COVID-19, you may be eligible to be paid for the time you are missing under the Federal Cares Act.
If you meet ONE of these criteria:
- You have received orders from your healthcare provider indicating you are required to get a COVID-19 test and quarantine.
- You have received orders from the Department of Health indicating you are required to get a COVID-19 test and quarantine.
- The company you are assigned to has a positive case and you have been instructed by the HR or Safety Department to remain out of work and test due to exposure.
Please complete the application for the Federal Cares Act application (attached). You must sign and date the application and return it to the ETS HR Department with all medical documentation including copies of your COVID-19 test results. Send all documents to email@example.com .
You do not qualify if:
- You are out of work because you elected to get a COVID-19 test and are waiting for the results but have not received orders to do so from the Dept. of Health, HR dept. or your healthcare provider.
- You have verification that you took the COVID-19 test, but you do not have orders from your healthcare provider or the Department of Health
- Department of Health orders are for someone other than yourself (contact HR for exceptions)
If you are unsure if you qualify, please call the ETS office at 518-562-4673 or 518-324-3132.