Prepare for your career in manufacturing.
Ready2Create is an 8-week immersive training program designed to help you jump-start a career in manufacturing. This is a perfect opportunity for anyone entering the workforce, those returning, or anyone who would like to launch a career in manufacturing with the security of knowing that you will be READY4REAL with proper training and supports in place!
At the end of this unique training program, participants will be guaranteed a job in a workplace that fits their unique personality.
An information session will be held on Tuesday, January 4th at 5pm at The Strand MakerSpace. At the session you’ll learn more about the program, meet the instructors, and see the classrooms! This session is mandatory for all participants.
Tuition for Ready2Create is FREE to participants!
The program is funded by a grant from the NYS Department of Labor’s Workforce Development Initiative. Winter session starts January 10th
Ready2Create at a glance:
Winter class: January 10th – March 4th from 3:00pm – 6:30pm
Strand Center for the Art’s brand-new MakerSpace (located at 23 Brinkerhoff Street, Plattsburgh)
- Nate Horn, Technology Teacher at Beekmantown High School
- Andy Wekin, Manufacturing Engineer at General Composites in Willsboro, NY
Hands-on technical skills for beginners: hand and power tools, electrical assembly, reading schematics, and precision measurement will be taught by experienced leaders in the field. Ready4Real instructors will facilitate lessons on work-readiness and professional skills such as: communication, managing time and money, and resume writing
- Credentials: National Work Readiness Credential assessment and the OSHA 10 safety certification course will be given
- The class will tour local manufacturing facilities to see how the skills they are learning can be applied
- At the end of the 8 week course, each participant will be matched to a job that is right for them
- Incentives are offered to participants at certain benchmarks throughout the course
- Supportive services for housing, transportation, and childcare are available to qualifying individuals