Job ID: 134992
Oversee maintenance, repair and installation of Plant electrical/electronic machines and systems.
Performs job functions in accordance with the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) guidelines.
Ensures compliance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations and Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform all electrical & instrumentation maintenance and installations including but not limited to preventive, corrective, installations and emergency repairs on all equipment. Coordinate machine down time for maintenance with Production personnel.
- Locate, troubleshoot, and repair electrical & instrumentation and control system malfunctions. Document problems and results and report them to management.
- Ensure that adequate tooling and materials are available when installations or repair work is done. Prepare appropriate material requisitions for new electrical installations and general repairs.
- Review requested machine modifications and suggests methods of implementation. When necessary, coordinate with contractors to specify electrical work and to integrate with existing equipment or systems.
- Ensure that machinery and work area are cleaned after performing maintenance functions. 6. Utilize PC’s, PLC’s and CAD system.
- Follow standard safety procedures, correct safety and environmental hazards and report them to appropriate supervisor.
- Train new Electrical Maintenance personnel as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must possess applicable knowledge of electrical testing equipment, e.g. amp meters, voltmeter, oscilloscope, conduit bending equipment, power hand tools and hand tools.
- Must possess knowledge of plant machinery and equipment, replacement parts, PC’s, PLC’s and CAD.
- Must adhere to Company and Department policies and procedures as well as government regulations. Knowledge of federal, state, and local electric codes and permit regulations pertaining to electrical & instrumentation functioning, as well as an understanding of all federal, state, local and company safety procedure. Proficient knowledge and understanding of the occupational hazards connected with.
- Requires understanding of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations and Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs)
- Must possess good communication, time management, organizational, interpersonal, and writing skills.
- Must possess competent computer skills including; Microsoft Word, Excel and Lotus Notes.
- Minimum of High School diploma and five years of experience with certification in an assigned area. However, a combination of experience and/or education will be taken into consideration.
- Vermont State Master Electrician License required.
- Ability to read and interpret general business documents. Ability to write routine reports and general business correspondence. Ability to work with peers and communicate basic concepts.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to solve practical problems through standardized solutions that require limited judgment. Ability to follow prescribed and detailed procedures to solve routine problems.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties. Intermittently sitting, standing, walking and stooping. Requires lifting up to 50 lbs and climbing ladders and stairs. Limited use of respirator. Regular exposure to radiant or electrical energy. May be required to stand; walk; stoop; bend; kneel; and climb steps. May require use of hands and use of arms.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties. Production and lab areas, outdoor equipment, mechanical and electrical rooms, stockroom and warehouse environment.
For immediate consideration for the Master Electrician role, contact Kasie today at ETS (518.324.3146) or email@example.com for more information!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.